So you’re planning to visit your local Toyota dealership to take a look at the new and used Toyotas in their impressive showroom. What should you expect when you first walk in and from the car-buying process in general?
Before You Go to the Dealership
- Visit the Toyota dealership’s website and take a look at some of the new and used Toyotas online. You should have a sense of the kind of car you are looking for; for example, do you need a truck for home or work, a family car, or lots of storage space?
- Check your credit history. Most buyers need to take out a car loan, so it’s good to have a sense of your credit rating. It is likely that your Toyota dealership will offer a credit pre-approval service and financing options that will help you get behind the wheel of your ideal vehicle.
- Call ahead and make an appointment if possible.
At the Toyota Dealership
- When you go to the dealership, you may want to bring a list of questions about your car of choice to ask the salesperson. If you’re not looking for a specific model but more of a style of car, then a salesperson can explain in more detail what each car has to offer. Ask for recommendations, safety ratings, and owner reviews.
- There are often region-specific dealership incentives that the salespeople can explain in person. You may be able to find rebates, cash back offers, or deals on car loans.
- If you’d like to test drive a car, then be sure to observe proper test drive etiquette. This means driving the car in a comfortable, steady manner, and not testing the upper limits, especially with a powerful car. Many Toyota Dealership salespeople have a route they prefer to take, and they may indicate this to you. Although you should drive naturally, don't abuse the car.
You’ll soon be driving out of the Toyota dealership in your new car. Come by Jerry’s Toyota dealership and let us show you our selection of new and used Toyota cars and trucks. To learn more about our lineup of Toyotas, call us at (888) 902-8634 or check us out on the web.